Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Suppertime on the Mountain!

It's simple. It's good. It's easy. It's something my husband will eat. It's spaghetti! No meatballs, or meat in the sauce at all for that matter. You see, my husband is a rather picky eater. He knows what he likes and knows what he doesn't. Meat in spaghetti sauce? Naw. Lucky for him, (and me... I guess...), I'm not that picky when it comes to food so I'll eat whatever. Yes, I miss the veggies, fruit, and meat that my mother would set on the family table back before I was married, but that is okay! We compromise as married folks!


What else with the spaghetti? Bread with butter and cheese please. If I weren't so lazy this evening, I would have also thrown together a salad for myself, 'cause I love salads with spaghetti. Husband wouldn't have eaten one, so I skipped it all together.

This meal is quiet possibly the easiest meal there is to make. Husband loves it, and the other day he proudly swoops into the kitchen after work and showed me a new brand of spaghetti sauce he had picked up on the way home. Bertolli tonight! Sorry, Ragu. He also picked up some Texas toast. Super easy and delicious. Do you notice a similarity between the sauce and bread? Yes? It is a common theme in all our meals....

Dumping the sauce in a pot and heating it up is super easy. Yes, I can make yummy sauce from semi-scratch, but why go to all the trouble when husband won't really eat it and it is extra work for me? Cook noodles, heat up bread & sauce, grab a couple of plates and we are good to go! I don't have a plethora of meals that my husband will eat, but this happens to be his #1. Therefore, we have it at least once a week. Stay tuned for other husband-approved meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment